Having a website that loads blazingly fast is one of the most important factors. If you think your Math teacher got impatient while waiting for you to get your textbook out, you should see people surfing the web!
Studies show that:
- Up to a 0.1 second wait (say, after clicking a button), feel instantaneous.
- Between 0.1 and 1 second is the longest time users can wait before their flow of thought is interrupted.
- Anything above 1 second will require some kind of feedback for the user like a progress bar loading.
As you can see, given the above figures, your website’s speed is of utmost importance.
How do we achieve that?
Achieving high-speed loading times is not difficult both in theory and practice – but like any good thing, it initially takes more preparation and time from our side while we’re developing your website, something which we’re more than happy to do because we like doing things the proper way and since we’re a bunch of computer geeks, we get goosebumps just by hearing the words, “code optimization”.
After we work our magic on your website, you will not have to do anything on your part. Everything will be automated.
Some of the things we do to give you a compact website are:
- Files (like CSS, JS, etc…) which are not needed on a particular page or set of pages are not allowed to load.
- We treat HTML Markup the same way; if it’s not needed, it will not load.
- We swear by the what’s called the DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) philosophy when it comes to coding. If a piece of code needs to be used over and over again, we write it once then use that same code every time we need it to perform its task.
- Image-size optimization. If your user is using your website on a smartphone, they don’t need to view a huge 2000x1000px image scaled down to 200x100px to fit their screen. Instead, the website will automatically load a much smaller version of the same image thus saving on loading time and bandwidth, something which your users will be very thankful for (also because they will have enough of it left to browse your Facebook page *wink wink*)
We do all this and more so get in touch with us now for a free consultation!